Registration (7:30 am- 9:00 am)
Networking Breakfast (7:30 am – 8:30 am)
Opening Ceremony (8:30 am – 9:00 am)
Emcee: Leyla Santiago, Anchor, Fox 50 – Hola NC
Welcome Remarks: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
Featured Speaker: Honorable Nancy McFarlane, Mayor, City of Raleigh
Title Sponsor Remarks: Loreley Burgos, Senior Consultant, Nationwide Direct
Advocate of the Year: Dr. Gloria Patricia Herrera, MD PA, Owner, G Patricia Herrera PA: Herrera G Patricia MD
Entrepreneurs Spotlight: Lessons Learned (9:00 am – 10:00 am) Focus: Successful Latina entrepreneurs at different stages of business maturity discuss lessons learned, insight gained through their experiences, challenges encountered, and ways to overcome these. These women will share ways to be ready for growth and new opportunities.
- Moderator: Mary Cantando, Founder, Growth Expert, Women’s Advantage
- Speaker: Claudia Casco, Owner, Teacher, Maracas Montessori
- Speaker: Dr. G. Patricia Herrera, Owner, G Patricia Herrera PA: Herrera G Patricia MD
- Speaker: Nationwide Rep – tbc
Accessing Capital: Building Strong Businesses (10:00 am – 11:00 am) Focus: This panel combines a unique blend of professionals with extensive experience in the areas of business bank lending; private, venture & angel investments; and government lending for small business. Panelists will present available sources and ways to build capacity to position a small business to secure capital for expansion.
- Moderator: Astrid Chirinos, Chief Development Executive, Latin American Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC)
- Speaker: Patrick Rodriguez, Senior Area Manager, NC U.S. Small Business Administration
- Speaker: Larry Ross, Mentor, SCORE Chapel Hill
- Speaker: Nivia P Hayes, MBA, Stakeholder Liaison, IRS/SBSE/CSO
- Speaker: Nationwide Rep – tbc
Enhancing Women Empowerment through Technology & Social Media (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) Focus: As a business owner you are faced with many challenges, one of them being keeping up- to-date with the latest technology. In the ever-expanding world of social media via texts, tweets, and online blog communities, the corporate world is rapidly integrating social networking into a new business model that is only increasing in popularity. Hear valuable information to gain an advantage, remain competitive, tools for getting the most out of your data, and thrive through the use of social media and technology in today’s business climate.
- Moderator: Leonor Clavijo, Executive Director, North Carolina Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Speaker: Bianca Montes Jones, CEO and President of Justotech
- Speaker: Tobi Bower, President, Instinctive Branding
- Speaker: Patricia Martinez, President, Leadership in the Clouds™ (invited)
12:00 pm – 12:15 pm Energetic, short brain break with Maria Elena Williams!
12:30 pm – 3:00 pm Latina Style Entrepreneur Awards Luncheon.
Mistress of Ceremonies: Ginna Cardenas, Univision Anchor
Title Sponsor Remarks: Loreley Burgos,Senior Consultant, Nationwide Direct
LATINA Style Remarks: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO of LATINA Style, Inc.
Keynote Speaker: Marisa Rivera, President, MPowerment Works, LLC
LATINA Style Entrepreneur of the Year: Claudia Casco, Owner, Teacher, Maracas Montessori Pre-School
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Closing
*Please note this agenda is tentative & subject to change