Thursday, May 21, 2015
Doubletree by Hilton Sacramento (2001 Point West Way)
Registration (7:30 am- 9:00 am) Capitol Foyer
Networking Breakfast (7:30 am – 8:30 am) Sacramento Room
Opening Ceremony (8:30 am – 9:00 am)
Mistress of Ceremonies: Gloria Romano-Barrera, Manager Editor, LATINA Style Magazine
Introduction: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
Title Sponsor Remarks: Ramon Jones, Regional Vice President, Western Regional Operations, Nationwide
Event Chair Remarks: Alice Perez, President & CEO, California Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Workshops (Capitol Salon A&B)
Accessing Capital: Building Strong Businesses (9:00 am – 9:40 am) Focus: This panel combines a unique blend of professionals with extensive experience in the areas of business bank lending; private, venture & angel investments; and government lending for small business. Panelists will present available sources and ways to build capacity to position a small business to secure capital for expansion.
- Moderator: Brenda Quintana, Founder & Public Affairs, Quintana-Saragosa
- Speaker: Gilda Perez, Economic Development Specialist, SBA
- Speaker: Christella Sanchez, Communication and Stakeholder Outreach (CSO)– Stakeholder Liaison – Field (SLF), Internal Revenue Service
- Speaker: Keith Jackson, Owner/CEO of Keith Jackson Insurance Agency, Nationwide
Free Mentoring, Training, & Resources for Entrepreneurs (9:40 am – 10:10 am) Conducted by Oscar Garcia, Counselor, SCORE – Sacramento Chapter
Enhancing Women Empowerment through Technology & Social Media (10:10 am – 11:00 am) Focus: As a business owner you are faced with many challenges, one of them being keeping up- to-date with the latest technology. In the ever-expanding world of social media via texts, tweets, and online blog communities, the corporate world is rapidly integrating social networking into a new business model that is only increasing in popularity. Hear valuable information to gain an advantage, remain competitive, tools for getting the most out of your data, and thrive through the use of social media and technology in today’s business climate.
- Moderator: Hilda Ramirez, Director of PR, Communications & Education for the Santa Clara County Association of Realtors
- Speaker: Rosie “the Closer” Zepeda, Founder of Latina Success Network (LSN); CEO of Compelling Conversations Consulting.
- Speaker: Angela Rosas, President & CEO, Chicas Latinas de Sacramento, Marketing & PR professional
- Speaker: Leidhra Johnson, Marketing Director, Uptown Studios
11:00 am – 11:10 am Networking Break
Healthy Worker – Healthy Business (11:10 am – 11:50 am) Focus: You are committed to the health of your employees. You are also committed to the success of your business. Learn how to stay healthy under the pressure of running a small business and lead your office through today’s health challenges. Learn value techniques on how to prevent burnout.
- Moderator: Lucy Garcia Robles, Certified International Property Specialist, Coldwell Banker Residential Broker
- Speaker: Carmela R. Castellano-Garcia, Esq., President & CEO, California Primary Care Association
- Speaker: Dr. Jessica Núñez de Ybarra, President, Sacramento Latino Medical Association
Latina Style Entrepreneurs Roundtable (11:50 am – 12:40 pm) Focus: Successful Latina entrepreneurs at different stages of business maturity discuss lessons learned, insight gained through their experiences, challenges encountered, and ways to overcome these. These women will share ways to be ready for growth and new opportunities.
- Moderator: Mónica Nainsztein Rodríguez, Founder & CEO, SpanishOne Translations
- Speaker: Brenda Duran, President, BD Tax & Finance Group
- Speaker: Griselda Barajas, President & CEO, Griselda’s Venture Inc., Griselda’s Catering & Event Planning
- Speaker: Maria Harrington, Owner/Instructor, CASA de ESPAÑOL
- Speaker: Araceli Castro, Castro Property & Commercial Insurance Agency, Nationwide
12:40 pm – 12:50 pm Networking Break
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Latina Style Entrepreneur Awards Luncheon (Capitol Salon C&D)
Mistress of Ceremonies: Viviana Paez, Anchor, Univision 19, Sacramento
Title Sponsor Remarks: Jen T. Martinez, Director of Language Services and San Antonio Outreach, Nationwide
CEO Remarks: Robert E. Bard, president & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
Keynote Speaker: Isabell Flores, Attorney at Law, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, Owner-Principal of Firm, Law Offices of Isabell W. Flores, & Owner, Isabell Flores Speaks
LATINA Style Entrepreneur of the Year: Brenda Duran, president of BD Tax & Finance Group, Inc.
LATINA Style Advocate of the Year: Honorable Diana Rodriguez, Board of Education Member, Sacramento City Unified School District
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Closing
*please note this agenda is tentative & subject to change