Program Agenda (=>click to download printable version)
Registration (7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.) Grand Ballroom- Foyer
Networking Breakfast (7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.) Grand Ballroom- Foyer
Opening Ceremony (8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) Salon E-H
- Introduction: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
- Title Sponsor Remarks: Lory Burgos, Sr. Consultant, Enterprise Diverse Marketing, Nationwide
- Welcome Remarks: Edgar Guerrero, former Navy Pilot and Veteran, ANSO Member
Workshops (Salon E-H)
Accessing Capital: Building Strong Businesses (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) Focus: Experts will present available sources and ways to build capacity to position a small business to secure capital for expansion. Learn first-hand what initiatives has their company created to address the specific needs of a woman owned business.
- Moderator: Maria P. Hughes, Lead Lender Relations Specialist, SBA
- Speaker: Rosalinda Delgado, Lead Business Development Officer, ACCION San Diego
- Speaker: Katie Williams, Senior Stakeholder Liaison, IRS
- Speaker: Mimi McLennan, Vice President, District Manager, Comerica Bank
10 minutes Networking Break & Expo area (10:00 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.)
Successful Marketing Strategies: Promote Your Business and Yourself (10:10 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.) Focus: This workshop combines a unique blend of panelists with expertise on the areas Mainstream & Multicultural Marketing, Media, Social Media, and Supplier Diversity. This panel focuses primarily on the personal and professional marketing strategies each panelist has implemented within their respective professions to achieve maximum success.
- Moderator: Therese Cisneros-Remington, Owner W.I.N. Consulting, Palomar College Marketing/Business/Grant Advisor GEAR UP Partnership Program
- Speaker: Dora Lorenzo, Director, Diversity Marketing, AT&T Entertainment Group
- Speaker: Veronica Alcantara, Sales Applications Engineer Solar Turbines, SHPE San Diego President
- Speaker: Adrienne Cisneros-Selekman, President, Nex Gen Sustainable Solutions, Inc.
Instagram Marketing for Business and Professionals (11:10 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.) Instagram is trending right now. Learn tips & tricks you can learn to better utilize the platform for your personal and business goals. Conducted by Tayde Aburto, President & CEO, Hispanic Chamber of E-Commerce
10 minutes Networking Break & Expo area (11:40 a.m. – 11:50 a.m.)
Entrepreneurs Spotlight: Learning Strategies for Success (11:50 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.) Leading Successful entrepreneurs at different stages of business maturity discuss lessons learned, insight gained through their experiences, challenges encountered, and ways to overcome these. Learn how some of our successful leaders have managed their success and how to apply that to your own career path.
- Moderator: Ivette Mayo, President and Chief Creative Officer, Yo Soy I Am, LLC.
- Speaker: Maritere (Mari) Rodriguez Bellas, Award Winning Author, Influencer, Entrepreneur
- Speaker: Angelica Grace Velasquez, President, NLBWA SD, Owner, Good Grace Consulting
- Speaker: Amy Solares, Commercial Insurance Specialist, ANA Insurance Brokerage, Inc.
10 minutes Networking Break & Expo area (12:50 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
LATINA Style Entrepreneur Awards Luncheon (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) Salon A-D
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Radio Personality Mery Lopez Gallo, Community Empowerment Manager, Univision Communications Inc.
- Title Sponsor Remarks: Claudia Swoveland, Consultant, Personal Lines Underwriting & Training Nationwide Private Client
- LATINA Style CEO Remarks: Robert, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
- DoD Office of Diversity Management & Equal Opportunity Remarks: Michael Sena, Deputy Director
- Keynote Speaker: Assemblywoman, Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher, District 80
- Break the Glass Ceiling with a Golf Ball: Conducted by Azucena Maldonado, President, Latina Golfers Association & Vivian Ricarte Sayward, Founder & Chief Enthusiastic Officer, Vivacity Sportswear
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Gabriela Dow, Owner, Mora Dow Consulting
- Closing Remarks: Kevin Cortes, ANSO Vice President and Founder, San Diego Veterans Ball
Closing Dessert Reception & Raffle OPT (3:00 – 3:30 p.m.) *Must be present to win