Thursday, May 26, 2016 from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Location: Renaissance Seattle Hotel | 515 Madison St | Seattle WA 98104 (Courtyard Ballroom) Level B
Registration (7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.) Networking Breakfast (7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.)
Opening Ceremony (8:30 am – 9:00 am) Courtyard Ballroom
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Paula Lamas, News Anchor, Reporter, Univision Seattle
- Welcome Introduction: Sandra E. Madrid, PhD, University of Washington
- Welcome Remarks: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
- Featured Speaker: Honorable Edward B. Murray, City Mayor, Seattle
- Title Sponsors Remarks: Ramon Jones, Regional Vice President, Western Regional Operations, Nationwide
- Platinum Sponsors Remarks: Richard Romero, President & CEO, SMCU
Accessing Capital: Building Strong Businesses (9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.) Focus: This panel combines a unique blend of professionals with extensive experience in the areas of business bank lending; private, venture & angel investments; and government lending for small business. Panelists will present available sources and ways to build capacity to position a small business to secure capital for expansion.
- Moderator: Aracely Godinez, President, ALPFA Seattle
- Speaker: Nancy R. Porzio, District Director, Seattle, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Speaker: Albert Bordero Counselor, SCORE Seattle
- Speaker: Erica Erdozain, Vice President Commercial Lending, Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union
Networking Break (10:00-10:15 am)
Enhancing Women Businesses through Technology & Social Media (10:15 a.m. – 11: 15 a.m.) Focus: As a business owner you are faced with many challenges, one of them being keeping up- to-date with the latest technology. In the ever-expanding world of social media via texts, tweets, and online blog communities, the corporate world is rapidly integrating social networking into a new business model that is only increasing in popularity. Hear valuable information to gain an advantage, remain competitive and thrive through the use of social media and technology in today’s business climate.
- Moderator: Tere Carral, CEO and Founder, Bridge Latino
- Speaker: Amarita Martino, Co-Founder and Principal, Revel Creative Group
- Speaker: Patricia Carrion Moras, CEO/Co-Founder, Utopia Media & Entertainment, LLC.
- Speaker: Michelle Marie Font, Bilingual outreach coordinator, tech driven entrepreneur & lifestyle coach
Protecting Your Business and Planning for the Future presented by Nationwide (11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.) As you strengthen and grow your business, you need to protect yourself and your company. There are different ways to protect what you have worked so hard to create. What happens when you are ready to create an employee retirement plan or retire from your business? Join Nationwide as our expert share how to insure your business and plan for retirement. Conducted by Tami Ellingson, Sales Manager for Washington, Oregon and Idaho, Nationwide
LATINA Style Entrepreneurs Roundtable: Lessons Learned (11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.) Focus: Successful Latina entrepreneurs at different stages of business maturity discuss lessons learned, insight gained through their experiences, challenges encountered, and ways to overcome these. These women will share ways to be ready for growth and new opportunities.
- Moderator: Carolina Montibelli-Hajny MSF, SSPS, CEO, IBC Practitioner, Kolbe Certified, Seattle NSHMBA President
- Speaker: Dianne M. Segura, M.P.A., Owner, Segue Enterprises
- Speaker: Maria Barrientos, Principal, Barrientos LLC
- Speaker: Adriana Medina, Fitness Expert, Owner, Fuerte Fitness
Networking break (12:45 p.m. -1:00 p.m.)
LATINA Style Entrepreneur Awards Luncheon (1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.) Compass Room
- Welcome: Sandra Madrid, PhD, University of Washington
- Mistress of Ceremonies: Veronica Quintero, KNDU-TV Reporter
- LATINA Style CEO Remarks: Robert E. Bard, President & CEO, LATINA Style, Inc.
- Title Sponsor Remarks: Lory Burgos, Sr. Consultant, Multicultural Marketing, Nationwide
- Platinum Sponsor Remarks: Richard Romero, President & CEO, SMCU
- Keynote Speaker: M. Lorena González, Council Member, Seattle City Council
- LATINA Style Entrepreneur of the Year: Adriana Medina, Fitness Expert, Owner and President of Fuerte Fitness
- Closing Remarks: Sandra E. Madrid, PhD, University of Washington
Nationwide’s Supplier Diversity Team will be on-site for 20 minute 1:1 matchmaker sessions at the LATINA Style Business Series on May 26th! Please bring an overview of your company so we can discuss future business opportunities with you. Your overview should include what solutions or products you offer, your clientele and any relevant information about your company.
Visit the Nationwide booth to schedule your session. Limited slots are available and appointments will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
*Please note this agenda is tentative and subject to change